Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | | More
As you may know already, Jake has been receiving a lot of videos of you, his listeners, screaming “ I am freaking awesome”. This week, he received a video of around a dozen employees of a digital agency all the way in Sophia, Bulgaria. Isn’t that cool?
Jake said it was the best Christmas gift he has ever received!
When you hear the impact the OSR show has had in people’s lives, you can only believe him.
Stay close and listen to this interview with Wilson Lawrence, a British soldier who did not know what to do with his life after spending 12 year in the military.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
- A former military man, Wilson was hired to package magazines for Reader’s Digest.
- When his boss promoted him to the customer service department, he found out he had a knack for dealing with difficult people. This skill helped him at his next job, as a head hunter.
- After several other jobs, he met his partner 16 years ago, but that relationship has recently unfolded.
- Finding himself alone, with his dog, Wilson felt he had to take responsibility for his life and started researching and reading on personal development.
- He clinged like a mad mad to Hal Elrod’s book, Miracle Morning, after he heard Jake talk about it in this podcast (see link to that episode in the “Mentioned in this episode” section of the show notes).
- Doing the morning routine, helped Wilson become more disciplined.
- Leadership starts with yourself. In order to be a great leader for others, you need to be a great leader for yourself.
- Decision-making, memorizing, recalling, inhibiting and understanding are the functions of the prefrontal cortex. But the prefrontal cortex needs to be reset every once in a while in order to function well.
- Being effective means focusing on the right things.
- Being efficient is doing the right things in the right order.
- Self reset is unlearning the bad habits and attitudes that you learned after you were born.
- Having some one believe in themselves as a result of your work is the best thing that can happen to anyone.
Mentioned in this episode:
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!