1 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 1 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- 1 Flares ×

Episode 142: You’re a hero, so live like one

Episode 142 is a solo show that Jake starts by sharing an unexpected lesson he learn from his experience ealier in the day. He had spoken in front of a crowd of unemployed baby boomers looking for a job. They all looked happy and energetic; if you met them on the street, you would not know they are jobless. The unexpected lesson is to treat everyone as you would have them treat you: you never know what everyone is going through.

Here’s what’s been covered, in a nutshell:

  • When looking for a job, the tactics of how to look for a job are well known; the one thing you need to take care of is your mindset – it needs to be prepared to take you through the whole process of finding a job.
  • 20% of our life is the mechanics; the remaining 80% is the mentality.
  • Events + our response = outcome. You can not change your events. But you can change your response, so that you can change your outcome.
  • We are all teachers, even if we do not call ourselves that. And we need to be aware of our response to our events!
  • You won’t always hit home runs, but keep doing your thing.
  • We are quick to call others “heroes”, but so slow in thinking about us as heroes.
  • Fight for something worth fighting for!
  • Make the call and stand for it – this is what true self leadership is.

Before You Go

Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!

Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at support@operationselfreset.com.

Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!

Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!



Jake Nawrocki
Jake Nawrocki
Motivational speaker, Inventor, Entrepreneur, Real Estate Owner, and Life Coach.


  1. Ashley Sheriff says:

    Hey Jake,

    I was just listening to this newest episode, 142, but it is only 17 minutes and cuts off mid-sentence. Just a heads up.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 1 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- 1 Flares ×