Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Improve Focus in 5 ways
How can you identify that one thing that is holding you back from reaching your full potential?
Before getting straight to the core of the message, Jake is challenging us to analyze the context we live in and to become aware of the areas in which we lack concentration. There are different areas in our lives in which we may lack focus, such as: relationships, work, education, life goals etc.
The challenge for this episode is for you to get out of your comfort zone and do something different. Being an influencer starts with small steps, so before changing the world, you may want to start by challenging yourself in one task and becoming more comfortable in uncomfortable situations or activities.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
Jake is offering us 5 tips on how to improve your achievements in all aspects of life:
- Identify what matters to you. Once you clarify your life’s direction/objectives, you will be able to align your focus to your objectives. Try to understand or even personalize your life’s statement.
- Bedtime. Set up your day ahead of time. It’s really important to write down what your plan is for the next day the night before. Having a plan ahead of time will keep you from overwhelm.
- Prioritize the first 1 to 3 things that you want to get done in a particular day and do them.
- No reward, until you get the things that you planned for done. You may have various ways in which you can reward yourself. However, one of the greatest rewards you’ll get will be to celebrate that you stuck to your plan and achieved your objectives.
- Take breaks. This could translate into walking for 20 minutes, going outside, reading etc. You could even plan your breaks to make sure you take them. When you catch yourself wasting time on various social media channels, it’s time to refocus and regain your focus.
Get the direction where you want to be headed to and start helping yourself to get to the next level. Make sure you are devoted to your life statement and get committed to shaping your focus on a daily routine.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!