Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Jake lost his sunglasses the other day. Big deal, you may say!
And a big deal it is since this little story served as inspiration for today’s podcast.
The mantra for this episode is a quote from one of the most intelligent man who ever lived, Albert Einstein: “We can not solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them”.
Here’s what’s been covered, in a nutshell:
- When you are looking to change a habit, no matter the area in your life it relates to, do not rely on past ways you tried to change that habit before.
- Instead, try these four approaches.
- Read books. Buy these three types of books: an old-school book, a popular book on the topic of your choice and an odd book, one that gets the most controversy. Read them fully, take notes and come up with your own ideas about the topic.
- Act as if. This approach can work two ways. First, act as if you already changed that habit and have successfully conquered it. Secondly, act as if you were a character in a movie play and put somebody else’e glasses and look through them at your own situation.
- Replicate what successful people are doing. First, figure out what you want. Secondly, find someone who was in the same place where you are now. See what they did. Follow it and adjust the results.
- Build that new habit. It takes an average of 16 to 216 days to change a habit and to implement a new routine in your life. And it takes discipline to keep doing it. Do not rely on your emotions and motivation to achieve things, but use discipline as your go to resource.
Mentioned in this episode:
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!