Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Every stimulus triggers a response, but between the two, there is one thing you can control: it’s called THE GAP. Will you allow the stimulus to win, or the response to win?
Jack Canfield has this equation that most of us need to sink in: events + response = outcome. There is no way to control a flat tire. But you can control the way you respond to that stimulus.
Becoming mentally tough is all about controling that gap.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
- 98% of all the people who quit on anything do so because of themselves, not because of an external factor.
- Three things can help you become mentally stronger: meditation, time blocking and punching your mind with positive thoughts.
- Meditation is one of the craziest things out there, but it is scientifically proven to help you.
- You need to practice it in order to enhance your brain without a physical input.
- The WIN principle by Michael Phelps will help you block time more efficiently.
- Use time blocks: dial into something and focus entirely on that one thing. Start with short time blocks of 5 minutes and then increase from there.
- Remove any distractions: turn off notifications, phone on air plane mode, etc.
- Remind yourself of what you are doing, you risk forgetting what you are working on.
- Recall: use a catch it all system to capture any random ideas you might have during that block of time.
- For every negative thought you have, you need to have three positive thoughts.
- Simple things done over time will have amazing results.
Mentioned in this episode:
o The „I am freaking awesome” video on youtube: http://bit.ly/2ljVrnb
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!