Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
5 Business Mindsets You Need to Learn
In this episode Jack introduces us to 5 business models that defied the normal limits of survival and became successful through perseverance and a strong belief system that they can make it.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
Starting a business can be a very enthusiastic event but like every journey it also has its hurdles. The following businesses transformed hurdles into opportunities in their own unique way:
- Clif Bar – the founder, Gary Erickson wanted to make something better for the people.
- Samuel Adams – Jim Kosh – became a brewer in spite of his father’s advice: not to go into the business.
- 1-800 Got Junk – the founder Brian Scudamore looked for something beyond normal means and created a great success story.
- Five Guys – a restaurant that serves hamburgers and fries – Jerry Murrell went from being a financial guru to creating a restaurant for his kids, maintaining the vision of bringing his family back together.
- Whole Foods – John McCain – providing natural organic food.
How do you conquer the “it’s not going to work” mentality? Jack Nawrocki’s advice is to take into consideration the following aspects as you take action:
- Determination that it will work. All business people mentioned in this episode believed it would work and all of them stepped outside their normal routine. John McCain got himself educated through books. Gary Erickson got to improve the nutritious bars through trial and error.
- True belief. Believe that you can change. Setting idealistic goals may lead to failure. Setting
smart goals is good but it may not be enough. From these business models, we can learn that the owners believed it would work.
– Get ready for the long run.
– Don’t allow your feelings to get in the way. Persevere beyond your irritation seasons.
– Change is hard and out of ordinary. Bruce Lee – always talked about the enemy mainly because to him, the enemy was his mind, not the person he had to fight.
Your challenge from this episode: Identify what it is that you want to change and that you want to do about it?
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!