Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
What to do when you’re not yourself?
We all ask ourselves this question, even though the wording may be different: “I don’t feel right!”, “Things aren’t working out!”, “I have a strange gut feeling!”, “I have different ideas swarming in my head!”.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
Jake is sharing 6 different steps you can take whenever you are in one of the above moments. You could consider these 6 steps as the beginning of your personal reset.
- Figure out the feelings. Have you ever had a gut feeling that something is wrong? Some consider the gut as a second brain as there are a lot of nerve cells in the gut. When we have these gut-feelings, your gut is sending you signals toward what you should do.
- Be aware. If you are not aware of yourself, these signals from your gut will bypass you and you will get deeper and deeper in this rabbit hole.
- Reflect. What happened in the past that made you feel happy and feel good? It will allow you to see the path from where you were to where you are today. You may discover interesting things like your energy level becoming lower because you started having desserts after every meal.
- Ask the questions. With good questions come good answers, with great questions come great answers. Are you addressing yourself difficult questions? Ask yourself who you want to become and what your legacy is. What do you want to be? What do you want to have? You will be able to blow pass the garbage. You’ll be safe addressing this type of questions because it’s just you by yourself.
- Create a game plan. There is no perfect plan that I can suggest to you. All I can say is that you need to work it backwards or reverse engineer it, as some call it. Remember, any plan is better than no plan. If you do not have a plan and a goal, it will not happen.
- One step at a time. Instead of thinking of your goal as one huge goal, break it down into smaller ones. It’s easier to go from A to B and then from B to C and so on than from A to Z.
What kind of book would you like written about you when you are older?
- https://healthiq.com/reset – lower health insurance rates for the health-conscious
- “The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Hidden Conversation Within Our Bodies Impacts Our Mood, Our Choices, and Our Overall Wealth”, by Emeran Mayer – https://amzn.to/2FzmGS7
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!