Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | | More
The field of nutrition is well researched, yet full of controversies.
The caveat of this episode is to take Jake’s recommendations with a grain of salt, or better said check them against the advice you can get from your primary medical care giver.
We all want to eat healthier, but even those who apply themselves to putting only healthy stuff in their mouth are distracted by the everyday grind and need to be reminded of the important principles of nutrition.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
- What you put in your mouth is absolutely your choice.
- Sometimes, your body craves certain foods. And those foods are usually not the ones that you can have at every meal.
- Win the battle of food every day.
- Here is what Jake does every day in order to get energy from nutrition:
- He has 2 glasses of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice every morning.
- A glass full of water with a vegetable protein blend, Udo’s oil (omega 3, 6 and 9) and a scoop of coconut oil.
- A green smoothy after half an hour: spinach, a banana, some frozen fruit, chia seeds, celery and almond milk.
- 5 hours later, an oatmeal meal: rolled oats, raisins, walnuts, almonds, chia seeds, flaxseeds and cinnamon.
- Salad for lunch and dinner. Greens are the real source of energy and mental power.
- Dinner at the firehouse: usually hearty and not to healthy, but starting your day on the write foot, it allows you for unhealthy food choices once in a while.
- Before bed, water with apple cider vinegar.
- 2 gallons of water a day.
- Frozen greens, fruits and vegetables are the second best option to the freshly picked ones.
- If you can have organic meats, it’s ok to have the fat, too. Do not it the fat from non-organic meats.
- Have healthy snacks on hand.
- Ideas from the Grain Brain book:
- Reduce inflamation (it comes from dairy, grains and vegetable oils). Go on a gluten-free diet.
- Eat healthy fats. Create a high fat, high fat and low-carb diet.
- Put good bacteria in your belly. Abandon sugar – it comes under over 60 names.
- Reduce stress and balance the hormones in your life. Avoid GMOs.
- Fitness is an important part of the equation.
- Ideas from the Always Hungry book:
- Everything you put into your mouth is either helping you or hurting you.
- Coffee is ok to drink in moderation, until 2 pm (because it has a half life).
- Remove inflamation from grains, seeds and vegetable oil and dairy.
- Our brains consume 30% of the calories we eat everyday.
Mentioned in this episode:
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!