Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Today’s show is an interview, haven’t you all missed this type of show?
Jake is interviewing Megan Watt, the author of a newly published book, called Discover. Act. Engage.: A 60-Day Catalyst Guide on Accomplishing Your Someday Goals.
They start off the conversation by defining what a some-day goal is; basically, it is a more digestible, attainable dream. What started as an activity book, turned into a full fledged paperback book that teaches people how to achieve their someday goals.
Here’s what’s been covered in this episode:
- Negative self talk – the beast inside your brain – is the number one killer of someday goals. We need to learn how to tackle that voice and shut it down as quickly as possible.
- Small, incremental steps are the secret to reaching your someday goals.
- It’s important that we all hike our own hike – we all have to figure out what works for us and stick with it. If something works for others, it’s not necessarily something that works or should work for you, too.
- Writing a goal makes you 40% more likely to achieve it. If you share that goal and your progress on it, you are more than 70% more likely to achieve it.
- Use your screensaver as a reminded of your ten most important someday goals.
- Our someday goals can be all over the board, not just in the financial, or professional spectrum. You could attach a number to them, but the why behind the goals is more important.
Mentioned in this episode:
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!