Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
The craft of not caring
Jake is back to square one: the place where his show first aired – his laptop. His computer is broken, so no intro music for today.
Today, he challenges us to reflect on our residence, the place where we live in and identify the things that are totally in disarray, the things that are out of place – things you would be embarrassed if someone dropped to your house all of a sudden. And the next challenge is to identify the things or areas that you care about: it may be your bathroom – you put your toothpaste cap on each and every time, you put away your toothbrush, or it may be your bedroom – you put away your clothes, you vacuum, you don’t have web cobbs hanging from your lamps, and so on.
Going through this exercise, hopefully helped you see what are the areas in your house that you enjoy and which are the ones you do not enjoy. The same applies to your lifestyle: our relationships, our finances, our careers, etc.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
- There are two type of things we care about in the world: we care about the way we think about ourselves and we care about what other people think about us.
- we like to be cared for, we like it when other people care about us, we like it when other people have a good outlook on who we are, it feels good to be represented and praised.
- when we stand up for what we believe in, despite what the majority does or thinks, that’s when the “I don’t care” attitude needs to pop up.
- to put yourself out there, you need this “I don’t care” attitude. It takes mental energy, willpower, focus, determination to not care about anything.
- We don’t have enough time in this world to improve everything: that is why we need to niche down.
- If we could live forever, there would be no point in wanting to improve and we would all get lazy: an unlimited supply of tomorrows would not prompt you to fight for a better version of yourself.
- What are the things you care about enough that you want to master them in a short amount of time?
- Get clear on the things that you DO NOT care about! It’s equally as important.
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!