Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | | More
The power of the pause
Personal change is exciting. However, before we embark on this journey, we need to become aware of the process personal change involves. On one hand, we need to acknowledge the fact that this process of personal change will take a while. On the other hand, this process will fill your bucket first, not some one else’s – we embarked on this process in order for it to take us to the next level, not to satisfy other people’s expectations.
Taking pauses is a great way of helping us farther our journey of personal change. Jake is explaining the power of the pause in today’s episode.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
- As a firefighter, Jake has witness a lot of families and individuals react to a love one’s death.. people have one of these three reactions: they give in to their momentary emotions and become an emotional mess, others shut down by disconnecting and others pause and then react.
- If you pause, you allow the response from a stimulus sip on in and begin to understand the emotions asociated with it. It also helps you not let the chaos of emotions run the next 10 hours or two weeks of your life.
- The pause also allows us to numb out for a second.
- We need to create more room for pauses in our life.
- You can not let your emotions run your life.
- Success is created in small moments.
- People who pause turn from caterpillars to butterflies.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!