Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
The power of reframing
Reframing is not just a thing for pictures of photographs. It is a concept that you can apply to your own life, too. When you reframe your life, you look at it from a different perspective. Jake will walk us through how to do that in this solo show that he starts with this powerful quote by Zig Ziglar: “You are what you are and where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind.”
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
- The personal frame – how you view yourself. If you can change this, you can change everything for you!
- Whenever we clean up an area of our life, it triggers tremendous effects on other areas as well. Being creative in one area helps you become creative in other areas, too!
- The social frame has to do with what other people see us.
- Too many times we let the world dictate what we should do. It’s about time we put an end to this situation! Don’t wait for a really down moment to make that decision!
- Creativity can show its face not only in artists and people who create things with their hands. It can show up in other careers, too.
- Being creative will enable you to have a better future. Creative people see what has not yet been created.
- You’ll lhave more excitement in your life if you are creative.
- When you are creative, you also grow more connected with other people.
- Feelings follow behaviour! It’s not the other way around!
- Emotion is reaction and emotions create feelings!
- Change the emotional response, one step at a time!
- Whatever you believe you can do, do it!
- When you’re young, you think everybody judges you, when you are 60 you realize no one was ever looking.
- The future frame has to do with what you see yourself in the future.
- Tips for changing the three frames:
- Listen: we should listen twice as much as we talk. You can learn so much from what other people have to say, from how they see the world.
- Experience: travel and expose yourself to different worlds than the one you live in.
- Awareness: be present to listen, to experience. Be there in the moment! Be aware of everthing you do, read, listen to.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!