Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | | More
As a kid, Benjamin believed he could be and become anything. But his self-confidence was shattered into pieces when he was 12. He felt completely neglected by his own mom, as she focused on seeing her daughter becoming the prom queen: he desperately needed her love, but she couldn’t be there for him! That’s when Benjamin decided he will never be hurt again! These circumstances put him on a track where he always succeeded professionally, but he closed himself emotionally and turned himself to gambling and drugs, blaming everybody else for his situation.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
- Courage means eliminating your preconceived ideas. Not every belief you hold is true, not even close.
- You can have everything you want, but you need to own your circumstances and your own mistakes.
- We all have untalked conversations within us and related to our family history.
- Find the best method to share these conversations with your family and start your relationships over.
- Force yourself to be in positions you want to be, but you still fear.
- Stop feeling awkward and inadequate: learn this lesson from kids.
- Turn nervousness into excitement!
- We are scared by the things that we desire to have!
- Surround yourself with the people or the tools that can help you achieve the things you desire.
- Instead of envying others, ask them to help you replicate their success.
- Write down your dreams: use pen and paper. There is something magic about it!
- Ask yourself WHY you need to be and do what you want!
- Get around people that are ready to help you achieve those dreams and hold you accountable (coaches, mastermind groups).
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!