Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Celebrity trainer, Vinnie Tortorich –
No grain, no sugar
If …you do not wake up every morning with a burning desire to do things, you do not have enough goals. – Lou Holtz
Listen to today’s interview to learn more about how fitness can help you achieve your goals.
Here’s what’s been covered in a nutshell:
- Good ideas are awesome. But they are useless unless you take your time, immerse into them, detail a plan of action and decide to act upon it!
- Vinnie is the most overqualified PE teacher in the world, but he never taught PE. He started in the world of personal training in its early infancy, when personal trainers would train mostly celebrities, in their homes.
- When he moved to LA, his business exploded as he met more and more celebrities after being introduced to some Playmates who needed his services.
- Vinnie kept true to his winning formula of training, ignoring all the fads them came and went away since 1981, when he started being a personal trainer.
- NSNG (no sugar, no grain) is Vinnie’s trade mark and hallmark as well. In order to not get fat, you cut out all grains: rice, brown rice, pasta, corn, wheat, brown wheat, bulgur, oatmeal, quinoa.
- There is no easy, fast way out of a bad diet.
- Coffee is the number one drink after water worldwide.
- Fat will help you not feel hungry.
- Exercise is a poor way to loose weight.
- Zone 2 aerobics is really healpful when you want to lose weight (keep your heart rate at 70-80% of your aerobic capacity).
- You can do any type of aerobics you want, just keep it in your zone 2.
- If you want to know what makes you fat, watch Vinnie’s video linked in the section below.
- You can remap in any given day: don’t consider yourself stuck in your current situation.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Before You Go
Head over to www.operationselfreset.com and sign up for the Toolbox of free gifts that will help motivate and inspire you!
Connect with Jake on Twitter and let him know how you enjoyed the show! You can also connect with him on Facebook or send him an email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to Jake’s podcast for more inspiration!
Sign up for his emails full of tips to change your life!